Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Great Pirates

I love the Internet. So many viewpoints! Sometimes I feel I'm drifting dangerously far away from consensus reality as I wade through the huge amounts of information and perspectives I find online.

For example, I love Buckminster Fuller's interpretation of imperialism. In his story about the Great Pirates, he shows how nation-states are but the stooges for the sea-faring merchants that used them as tool makers and land bases:
Fleming Funch's summary
History Education Critique

History is complex and multifaceted. The history we learn in school is just a one-sided justification for the powers that be. But today we have the Internet, and the pirates are becoming afraid:

IAO Logo

Information Awareness Office Wikipedia entry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home