Saturday, March 11, 2006

Inspiration Is Short Lived

Inspiration is necessarily short lived because if it weren't, there would be no need for perspiration, and without perspiration, no sense of aliveness. I need a sense of earning. Maybe it's just our work ethic, but without earning our happiness, I feel like a passive recipient of life, not truly alive.

I seek constant inspiration when what I really need is to practice maintaining the movement. I seek a guide or dogma forever telling me where to go and what to do, but would I be really living if I was just offered a script? Self-creation is the joy of the universe, but I long for direction in cowardice.

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Emerald said...

True perspiration can make one feel alive. I think the times I've felt the most alive have been when I am do nothing and am being and experiencing the energy flowing through me and all around me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home